Question of the Week: Who is your favorite rock & roll…

January 12, 2009 by A.C. Rhodes

wife, girlfriend or muse of all time?

15 thoughts on “Question of the Week: Who is your favorite rock & roll…

1. Steven says:

Marianne Faithfull. She was an iconic beauty, and she remade herself years after her moment seemed to have gone.

2. Mark Kemp says:

Bianca’s more my kind of iconic. She remade herself, too, but more in the less visible area of human rights. Runner up: Olivia Harrison.

3. Alex V. Cook says:

Debbie Harry, if for no other reason that putting her solo career on hold to help take care of former Chris Stein when he came down with pemphigus

Tie: Chuck Berry’s “Maybellene,” Arthur Lee’s “Pretty.”

5. JD Considine says:

Yoko Ono. Supremely talented, defiantly original, and graceful in the face of decades of hostility and sexism.

6. Mark Kemp says:

Must agree with Mr. Considine, too — Yoko definitely would make my Top Five. And for husbands/boyfriends… Cameron Crowe.

7. Bill Holdship says:

Courtney Love?

I kid, I kid.

Yoko’s a good one. She actually inspired some great songs. Angie Bowie was also inspiration for a song or two (though I’ll take the Bowie stuff over the Stones’ “Angie”).

8. theresa k. says:

Yoko. Weirdly, I totally relate to her in more ways than you can imagine.

9. Jeff says:

Bebe Buell and Pattie Boyd.

10. Ben Heller says:

Mrs Ray Davies, Mrs Jim Kerr…Miss Chrissie Hynde

11. Lena says:

Marianne Faithfull for me, too. I love her. I listened to her when I was a kid in the Soviet Union, then forgot her name, and ran into her (music) again year later. Such an inspiration.

12. Rick says:

Pattie Boyd, Something? Layla? I rest my case. BTW, she’s an amazing photographer!

13. Bill Holdship says:

My friend, Harvey Kubernik, introduced me to Marianne Faithfull in the lobby of L.A.’s Pantages Theater following the Bob Dylan/Merle Haggard concert there several years ago. She was incredibly nice and when she was leaving, after mostly talking to HK (who she’s known for years), she looked back at me, made eye contact and said: “So nice to meet you!” Loved her before that but I’ve loved her even more since then. A genuinely nice person.

14. Dan Aloi says:

Sara Dylan, without a doubt. Inspired some of the most emotionally truthful, wrenching songs ever.

15. Gloria Jones, Iman and Betty Davis!