Rockcritics.com contributing editor, Steven Ward, chatted with me recently about a few of his favourite music books, including:
- Kurt Loder’s Bat Chain Puller: Rock and Roll in the Age of Celebrity
- Timothy White’s Rock Lives: Profiles and Interviews
- Chuck Eddy’s Stairway to Hell: The 500 Best Heavy Metal Albums in the Universe
- Stephen Davis’s Hammer of the Gods: The Led Zeppelin Saga
- Mick Wall’s When Giants Walked the Earth: A Biography of Led Zeppelin
We also share thoughts on critics vs. journalists, Albert Goldman, Martin Popoff, James Wolcott, and current music mags. As well, Steven enthuses about his favourite non-music read of the last few years, Gwendolyn Bounds’s Little Chapel on the River: A Pub, a Town and the Search for What Matters Most.
Listen to a stream of our conversation below:
Or download the mp3s here.
One thought on “Steven Ward’s bookshelf”
Good stuff Scott. Love these podcasts and wish there more of ’em!